How to Use Amazon Smile
If you’re like most of us, an Amazon box on your doorstep is a common occurrence, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. But did you know that, in the U.S., you can practice social distance shopping at Amazon while providing helping to fund a cure for GRIN Disorder at the same time? When you visit Amazon via smile.amazon.com, a portion of your Amazon purchase is donated to CureGRIN Foundation. So, whether you’re shopping for essential supplies or a gift for mom, you’ll be helping to find therapies and a cure for GRIN Disorder every time you shop. And don’t worry. It doesn’t cost a thing.
How to Select CureGRIN as Your Charity of Choice
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign into your Amazon account just like you normally would.
3. Under “Accounts & List” in the main menu bar, select “Your Account”.
4. Under “Other programs” select “Change your charity”.
5. Enter “CureGRIN” into the charity search bar.
6. Select CureGRIN Foundation.
7. You’re all set! Shop as you normally would while helping those with GRIN Disorder!
How to ensure you always make purchases through Amazon Smile
In order for your Amazon order to qualify, it must be made through Amazon Smile. Unfortunately, orders made through regular ol’ Amazon won’t qualify. Fortunately, setting up bookmarks and redirects is easy.
By installing a plug-in that automatically redirects you to smile.amazon.com every time you visit Amazon, you can ensure all your purchases help benefit CureGRIN.
For Chrome users
Install the Smile Always chrome extension. 1.Visit http://www.smilealways.io/ 2. Click “Available in the webstore” 3. Then click the blue “Add to chrome” button 4. And you’re done! Every time you try to visit Amazon, you’ll be redirected to smile.amazon.com instead.
For Safari users
Install the KeepOnSmiling extension 1. Visit this site: https://github.com/bosmacs/KeepOnSmiling/releases 2. Under 1.2, under assets select “keeponsmiling.safariextz”. It will download an extension 3. Click on the extension in your downloads folder 4. Select “trust” and add the extension
Bookmarks & Favorites
If you regularly use bookmarks and favorites to navigate the web:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com.
2. Create a bookmark or favorite. If you currently have Amazon bookmarked or favorited, replace it with the smile.amazon.com link.
Setting Up Amazon Smile on Mobile Device
If you shop at Amazon using your mobile device, you can still use Amazon Smile and help those with GRIN Disorder.
From your Browser
If you regularly shop using Amazon using your mobile browser, simply navigate to smile.amazon.com and set a bookmark. Each time you open a new tab, click on your Amazon smile bookmark or enter “smile.amazon.com” as the url.
From the Amazon App
Unfortunately, you can’t use Amazon smile directly through the Amazon app, but there are 2 easy workarounds:
1. Replace the Amazon app with a link to the Amazon Smile mobile page. navigate to smile.amazon.com. On an iPhone, press the “share” button, then select “Add to Home Screen.” On an Android device, press the menu button, then tap “Page”. Then tap “Add page shortcut.”
2. Add all of your items to your cart using the Amazon app, then checkout using either your mobile browser, or a desktop browser.
And you’re all set to shop at Amazon while making a difference for those living with GRIN Disorder!
Watch Your Donations Grow
Once you have CureGRIN set up as your charity of choice, you will see your AmazonSmile donations generated amount on your home screen every time you shop:
You will know you have successfully purchased benefiting CureGRIN when you see this message on your order confirmation page.